Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Agony

Wednesday, February 10th was a great normal day.  I got up, went to work, went to lunch with two great friends and then had a purse party later on in the evening.  Can't get much better than that...  But through that great day I was having horrible pain in my stomach.  It had been with me since Sunday night and was just getting progressively worse over the next days.  Wednesday was the breaking point.  After all the days events were winding down I started to feel like something was eating the inside of my stomach and at that same time someone was taking a knife and stabbing me repeatedly from the outside.  At first I thought I should just drive home and put the heating pad on my stomach and go to sleep and see if it gets better.  As I was headed home, it just got worse and worse, so I decided to head to the ER instead.  Enough was enough!  I went to Borgess up on Gull Road and was fairly surprised by how quickly I got in.  After evaluating me, they had a hunch that it was my gall bladder and decided to do an ultrasound to see what might be going on in there.  The ultrasound came back fine and so then they decided to schedule me for another test that would look at how my gall bladder functions, called a HIDA scan.  I went in for the HIDA scan on Friday the 19th.  Again they really haven't told me anything about what is going on.  So here it has been two weeks almost of agony and my stomach hurting pretty much everytime I consume anything and I'm still playing the waiting game.  My general doctor has to talk to me about the results for some reason - I don't know why they can't just tell you what is going on when you are in there - but I can't get in to see her until next Tuesday.  Hopefully they figure something out.  Now that this is the year to a healthy me, I'm not going to just settle for an answer of nothing is wrong with me.  I will make sure to push my doctor to do other tests and finally figure out what is going on with me.  In the meantime, I don't wish this pain on anyone.  The results will be here soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment