Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Welcome to 2010

I'm really not sure what happened to me this year or what caused me to want to change all of a sudden, but now it seems as if there's no turning back.  I have posted a picture of myself on top of my blog to signify how I believe I looked when I was healthier and happy.  I will be 29 this year... almost 30 and it scares me that I have not taken care of myself and I am not in the prime of my life like most twenty somethings should be.  So now is the time to make these changes and my goal is to be healthier and happier by my 30th birthday.  Realistic goals, realistic expectations, and baby steps.  That is my motto for this year.  Let me start you off with the basics on me.  I am 28 and 10 months currently.  I am 5'8" and weigh A LOT!!  More than most people think I do.  My blood pressure is high; I am pre-diabetic; I have polycystic ovarian syndrome; I have a huge vitamin D deficiency; I have irritable bowel syndrome; I have troubles sleeping and snore like a crazy animal; and I have severe anxiety and self esteem issues.  However, I believe I can get better.  Almost like the twelve step program, I have to admit that I have some issues and then work on ways to solve them.  I have three professionals that are helping me in this journey to a healthier me: my family doctor, my gynecologist, and my therapist.  These are the three women that I will be seeing on a regular basis to get me through this and of course I will be relying on my relationship with God and my family as well.  So let's get this journey started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment